Top 5 Best Dog Clippers for Grooming in 2018 – Guide & Reviews
Table of Contents
Having a pet dog is a sign of happiness. But you have to take good care of it. Giving it a good meal is not enough. You have to do other things such as giving it a bath, medical attention, vaccination and last but not the least, extra care for its body hairs. If the pet dog is a bit fluffy, then trimming the hair becomes a serious issue. Because of, the long thick and fluffy hair can make a lot of problems. It can get dirty easier and it is harmful to both the pet and the family members.
Especially, the kids are always in touch with the pet dog and if its body hair is dirty, then they may get infected with some fatal diseases. So, trimming and grooming of the pet dog is something that you cannot neglect at any cost.
I have bought a husky breed dog a few months back. It is really very fluffy. And my kids love to play with it. As its hairs were getting fluffier, I had to buy a dog clipper for grooming. In order to do so, I started research for finding the best dog grooming clippers. And trust me, friends, it is really a tough and challenge if you are buying this for the first time. I had to go through a lot of expert advice, real users’ opinions and most importantly the price quality ratio. After doing all these, I’ve made a list of top 5 best dog clippers for grooming in 2017. Hopefully, it will eliminate all the confusion for the first timers and help them to get the best dog clipping available in the market.
Best Dog Clippers – Comparison Table
|Image||Product Name||Strokes per Minutes||Wire Length|
|Oster Professional Pet Grooming Clipper||3000-4000||12||1.7||Check Price|
|Andis EasyClip Pro-Animal Clipper Kit||3000-3500||12||2.6||Check Price|
|Wahl Dog/Pet Home Grooming Pro-Series Clipper Kit||3500||Wireless||1.6||Check Price|
|Andis ProClip Detachable Blade Clipper||3000-3500||14||1.5||Check Price
|Wahl ARCO SE Professional Cordless Pet Clipper||5500||Wireless||0.8||Check Price|
5 Best Professional Dog Grooming Clippers Reviews
At the very beginning of my review, here I have the Oster A5 Turbo 2-Speed Professional Pet Grooming Clipper. This small looking, yet powerful one offers various advantages for you. It cuts the hair equally and makes it groom friendly. Again, you can make the special design of pet’s body hair with it. So, you can consider it as one of the best dog clippers without any doubt.
Features and Benefits
- It very powerful as the motor delivers 3000 to 4000 strokes per minutes. So, it cuts the hair fast and clean.
- Also, it has 2 variable speed controls which are pretty handy.
- It has sharp blades that cut the hair without making any damage to the hair.
- Again, the detachable blades provide you easy and fast removal feature.
- You will get special Oster class 10 blades, clipper grease, and blade lubricant.
- You will also get replacement special carbon brushes and a cleaning brush.
- It consumes less energy.
- Besides, it is lightweight and long lasting.
- Moreover, it is very easy to operate and user-friendly which are important for being one of the best dog clippers.
Oster A5 Turbo 2-Speed Professional Pet Grooming Clipper comes in two different colors. If you ask me for the suggestion for the best dog clipper, then I would definitely suggest you this one.
Andis is one of the leading and promising pet trimmer manufacturers for almost a decade. Recently they have launched their latest product named Andis EasyClip Pro-Animal Clipper Kit. And it is full of special features which will definitely draw your attention. Again, this is one of the best dog grooming clippers available in the market.
Features and Benefits
- It works silently. So, that the pet doesn’t get scared.
- The powerful motor makes it easy for you to go through a heavy coat of hairs.
- Again the blade is easily detachable and takes less time to install.
- It weighs only 2.6 lbs. which is very convenient.
- Besides, it is long lasting. You can use it a couple of years at length.
- Also, it has quite a long cord measuring 12 feet.
- And the power cord has break-proof feature.
- Moreover, the heavy duty kit box comes with 4 different sizes combo blades i.e. 1/8”, 3/8”, 3/2” and 1/2”.
It is one of the best dog clippers within an affordable price range. Moreover, It is so easy to operate that even a 10-year-old child can make it work and the quality is also awesome. So, it would be one of my strongest suggestions for the best dog grooming clippers.
Here I have another nice piece of grooming tool for dogs and the name is Wahl Dog/Pet Home Grooming Pro-Series Clipper Kit. And the main attraction of its, it is wireless. So, it runs on a rechargeable battery. Again, this is one of the best dog grooming clippers which is really smart.
Features and Benefits
- This amazing dog trimmer runs on a rechargeable battery. So, you don’t have to manage the wire while grooming your pet’s hair.
- And this battery runs for 2 hours at length.
- So, you have the freedom to groom your pet anywhere you want.
- It is very easy to operate and it can go deep down into the fluffy hairs.
- It has sharp blades which can cut hairs without damaging it.
- Again, you can sharp the blades by yourself. And it also snags free.
- Moreover, it comes with a 5-year special warranty.
- It weighs only 1.6 lbs. So, it is pretty lightweight.
- And the dimensions are 3×9.1×10 inches. That means it is compact.
With this grooming tool, you can cut any types of coat like a curly wavy coat, double heavy coat, long coat, smooth coat etc. It is very economical in price and one of the best dog clippers in modern time.
At no. 4 I have another Andis Product and they call it Andis ProClip Super 2-Speed Detachable Blade Clipper. This powerful machine allows you to do grooming in any types of hair coat of pet dogs. It is compact, lightweight and easy to handle. Besides, your pet will enjoy the trimming season with it. And it can be considered as one of the best dog clippers for its awesome features.
Features and Benefits
- It runs silently. So, that your pet won’t feel any fear at all.
- It is suitable for trimming any types of coat and breed dogs.
- The motor is pretty powerful and it can generate up to 3000 to 3500 SPM.
- It is very lightweight as it weighs only 15.7 ounces.
- And it has 2 variable speeds control for making a fashionable design.
- Again, the power cord is super durable and it is 14 feet long. Thus you can move it any way you want.
- There is a hook at the end so that you can keep it hanging on the wall or anywhere you want.
- It doesn’t vibrate much.
- The dimensions are 10x8x2.5 inches. Thus it is very compact in size.
- The front cap is removable. So, you can clean it easily.
As I’ve said before, Andis is one of the promising pet grooming in recent times. And this one is also considerable as one of the best dog clippers by Andis. Though its price is a bit higher, but if you take my advice, it would definitely value your money.
And last but not least, I’m giving you Wahl ARCO SE Professional Cordless Pet Clipper. This stylish and eye-catching trimmer is very much considerable as one of the best dog clippers. It is smart as hell as it is wireless. And it remains cool while running over the soft skin of your loving pet dog.
Features and Benefits
- The kit box contains tools for 5 different purposes.
- It glides swiftly through any types of hair coatings like a smooth coat, curly coat. heavy curly coat, fluffy coat etc.
- It runs on rechargeable Li-ion battery.
- And the battery gives you complete 2 hours backup.
- It works extremely well on some particular areas like feet, face, ear and tail.
- Moreover, you’ll get 5 different blades sizing 9, 10, 15, 30, and 40.
- It is lightweight as weighs only 7.9 ounces.
- It offers you 1 year of limited warranty.
- The powerful motor makes 5500 SPM.
Wahl has always been promising in making pet-caring products and we can see the same reflection in this dog groomer too. It follows the price-quantity ratio nicely. And its special features prove that it is one of the best dog clippers available in the market.
Things to Consider Before Buying a Dog Clipper
The best dog clippers have some certain quality that makes it the best of all. Here are some important things to consider before you buy one.
The motor is the heart of a dog clipper. The best dog clippers have a quality motor inside. And the quality motor makes minimum 3000 Strokes per minutes. So keep an eye on the motor capacity.
It is better to buy a wireless dog groomer than a wired one. But if you feel alright with the power cord while doing the grooming job, then go for the dog clippers which have really long power cables.
Durability and Workability
The best dog grooming clippers are durable and workable in any condition. So, try to find an all-rounder trimmer that can glide over anywhere on the pet’s body.
A pet is not just a domestic animal; it is more like an emotion. And if the pet is a dog then, the joy of having a pet offers a lot of meanings to you. After all, dogs are the most faithful animal. And also the best friend of men. There are a lot of lonely people is passing their days with their loving pet dogs or puppies. Actually, these pet dogs keeping their lonely owner’s mind refreshed and charming. Not only for lonely people but also the families are interested in having a pet dog. And kids love the family pet dog. It makes the playtime of the kids way more colorful and enjoyable. So it should get good care from you. And it’s better if you can buy one of the best dog clippers in the market to keep your dog clean and healthy.